Monday, August 17, 2009

Yippeee!

Woohoo! Guess what I got in my mail box today! It was a letter from Immigration Canada stating that they are pleased to advise me that my application to sponsor Kyle has been accepted!

When I read the letter in the car outside the post office I broke down crying. People probably think that I'm crazy, but it was a really happy and relieved moment. Kyle's application has been sent to a different visa office to be processed now.

It's important to note that the CIC website had not yet listed that they even started processing our application at the time of receiving the letter. I'm super hopeful that the permanent residence portion goes as quickly and smoothly - but they say that part takes 5-6 months to process.

We now have a case number, so we can check on our application online - I'll be checking it out religiously no doubt!



It's a small step, but we're one step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment